There are times when you need to access the door frame. Replacing your OEM speaker is usually the primary reason, but you may also need to remove the glass, replace the actuators or remove your mirror. This guide will show you how to remove the door panel from your Acura RSX.
To remove your door panel, the only tools you need is a Philips and a flathead screwdriver.
1. Start by lowering the window all the way down. Then pop out the inner handle cap. You need a smaller flathead screwdriver to access the clip. Once the screwdriver is inside the clip, push up and then pull the cap out:
Push a flathead screwdriver into the indicated clip, push up to dislodge the clip, then pull the cap out towards you.
2. Unscrew the two 4×8 self-tapping screws securing the interior handle assembly onto the door frame:
Remove these two 4×8 self-tapping screws.
3. Carefully separate the cable from the interior handle assembly (remove the cable from the clip, then pull it out of the handle assembly). Then carefully maneuver the whole interior handle assembly out. As you remove the interior handle assembly out, detach the switch wire harness and unscrew the single 5×20 bronze self-tapping screw:
Unscrew the single 5×20 bronze self-tapping screw after detaching the switch wire harness.
4. Take a protected flathead screwdriver (wrapped with masking tape) and wedge it in-between the power window switch panel and the door grip. Then carefully push down on the screwdriver to lift the switch panel out:
Removing the power window switch panel.
5. Detach the power window switch harness from the power window switch:
Detaching the power window wire harness.
6. Unscrew the two 5×20 bronze screw on the lower half of the door grip:
Remove these two screws.
7. Pry the edge of the door panel and begin pulling it to separate it from the door frame. There is a total of 8 push clips holding the panel in place:
Approximate location of push clips.
8. Once the clips are removed, lift the panel up and then pull the panel away from the front. If any push clips are separated from the panel and lodged on the door frame, use a needle nose plier or wire crimping tool to pull it out of the panel:
A lodged push clip. Remove it by pulling it out with a needle nose plier or wire crimp tool.
Once all clips are popped out, remove the door panel from the door frame by lifting it up and then away from the front of the car.
8. Installation of the panel is the reversal of removal.